Friday, March 2, 2012

Tweethis Statement Results

      I put my Tweethis statement on Facebook and got responses from a couple of people who liked my idea. My Austrian friend Mike Wotke was not extremely helpful, but maybe the word "Venice" will attract at least some people to my paper... Anyway, here are the responses I got:


      I didn't really think this was enough social proof, so I did what Dr. Burton suggested and asked my entire FHE group about it on Monday. The guys for the most part were pretty unresponsive, probably because these particular ones have probably never read Shakespeare in their lives. However, one guy suggested that I look at persecution of Mormons throughout their history instead of just modern times. A lot of people agreed and told me to look at things like Haun's Mill, the Extermination order, the polygamy debate, and so on. I didn't end up using all of these events in Mormon history, but I think the ones I did include work pretty well in my paper.
      Thanks, family!

No comments:

Post a Comment