Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Prototype Video! Topic: Answering People's Ridiculous/Crazy Questions about Our Faith

Now that I have a semi-permanent idea about what my project will be, I'll share it. I want to make a video that shows people what Mormons have to deal with when people criticize the church, and then tell them how to handle these issues using digital media. I want to direct it toward the Young Men and Young Women of the church because I know from experience that they often don't know what to do in these situations. I want to make a video that teaches them positive ways of dealing with negative situations.

I don't know if this is enough of a connection to Shakespeare, but I'm trying to work it in. The basic format of each section of my video will be as follows: (1) a quote from Shakespeare that illustrates the issue I'm discussing; (2) a personal story about a person's experience with that issue; (3) my commentary on that issue; and (4) the solution or resources (with a focus on using digital media) people can use to handle the issue. I'm thinking about including three different issues to focus on. The issue I chose for my prototype video is "the crazy questions people ask us about ourselves, our practices, and out beliefs."

Just so everyone knows, this is a VERY ROUGH idea of what my video is going to look like. I'm going to film it with a higher quality camera and get better lighting, obviously. And it won't just be me talking straight at the camera the whole time, because that would be really boring to just stare at my face for several minutes. I hope to put in other people talking about their own experiences (I have a couple people already who have offered to be on camera!). I'm also going to put in pictures and video clips and maybe just have my voice over it and put in some other cool stuff. And I definitely won't hold up the Shakespeare quotes written on the back of my old homework because that's super ghetto. I'll have transitions and animations and stuff that will make that look better. Basically, this video shows the structure and format of the video so that people will know what the content will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment